Wednesday, April 28, 2010

ISRAEL







Temple Judea's 8th and 9th grade students are going to Israel this summer!


Here are some of their impressions of Israel now, before we leave:



I feel very connected to Israel not only because I have been there but because it is the Jewish homeland and all Jews should be connected to it in some way. Also, being in Israel, not only learning about the different things that are there but seeing them, you can almost feel the energy from it. The people that are there give off a different vibe - you feel like you are surrounded by Jewish people. - Liza


When I think about Israel, the first thing I think about it the Jewish people. Israel has been our homeland since biblical times and even though it has been taken and taken back, it still feels like home to us. I feel connected to Israel just because I am Jewish. I've also been there before so I feel more connected because of that. - Matthew

I feel connected to Israel because it is the homeland to the Jewish people and I am Jewish. - Chase



Our Israel Prep Vocabulary

Zionism - the belief that there should be a Jewish state

Medinat Yisrael - modern state of Israel

Hatikva - "The Hope" Israel's National Anthem

Eretz Yisrael - the land of Israel

Shwarma - shaved meat, lamb, turkey served in a pita and sold on the street - yum!










Our Fearless Leaders






3 comments:

  1. Sounds great hope the jet lag isn't to bad! Enjoy and looking forward to the pics. Jeff W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night we heard you having an amazing time! Go forward, fearless leaders, kadimah! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete